Welcome!

Welcome to Harry Naghavi's blog, York Region Home.

Harry has bought and sold homes and businesses all over the GTA, and has first-hand experience moving up from Toronto to York Region. Harry's interests include: Real Estate, family, hunting, fishing, cars, soccer, tennis, horses.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Thinking about buying a house: Just Do It!

Just do it! Nike got to the point. Don’t think about it too much, don’t worry, don’t just dream about it, just do it. They want you to buy shoes; I want you to buy a house.

Here’s a quote from Mark Twain that has more for you to chew on:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

I like the image of taking to the water to explore and dream. I love being on the water, fishing, and dreaming, even working.

I’m getting to the point in my life where I’m starting to look back and evaluate things. I think about these things when I’m on a lake or in the woods. When I get back to “reality” I feel inspired to make a change, to go ahead and shake things up a bit.

I like to quote Newton’s first law of motion too: A body at rest tends to stay at rest. This appeals to me because it’s simple physics but it means so much more.

If you’re satisfied with who you are, what you’re doing, where you live, your weight, your hairstyle, then don’t make any changes. If you don’t change anything, chances are things will tend to stay the same- your weight, your income, everything. But, get out of your routine and you’ll see some changes, improvement. Leave the safe harbour behind.

Almost twenty years ago, Renate and I made some big decisions, took some risks and sailed off to Newmarket. We scraped together a down payment for a house, went over-budget, and bought our first house, a tiny old thing near Main Street and Davis Drive. That was the best thing we ever did! We could not have done it in Toronto. If we had stayed, we’d still be renting, stuck in the city. We never imagined that we’d someday own a house like the one we live in now!

Take the first step today. Call me or email me, Tweet or message me and ask me about getting into a house in Newmarket. We could also look at something in Bradford or Keswick. You can get a lot of house for your money up here. And, these communities are great places to raise your family and do business too.

Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment